The first treasure set in the Treasures from the Deep event.
Bounties of the sea, whittled by a fisherman for his own pleasure.
Pieces of Treasure
- Known as beach chestnut in some parts of the world, the humble clam becomes a wood object of simple yet striking charm.
- Red as a lantern and as welcome a sight, the plump gloss of this wood item has remained undimmed through the ages.
Whittled Sea Bream
- This carving once stood in for the real thing at a noble celebration after a kitchen accident--and saved a cook's like.
- A portrait in wood of a man-eating cephalopod known as the Eight-Clawed Demon, down whose maw many a diver were lost.
Whittled Sea Urchin
- Thorny without, tender beyond imagining within. This was the carver's last work before he was lost at sea.