The second treasure set in the Treasures from the Deep event.
Meltingly-soft flesh of the ocean, rendered in blood-red stone.
Pieces of Treasure
- A simple clam, precisely carved. Hold the object in your palm and the stone will start to beat with your pulse.
- Startlingly realistic, this gem was once the favorite necklace of an eccentric and singularly lovely painter.
Carnelian Sea Bream
- Fish is in the fins, say sculptors. This work miraculously subdues the brittleness of sard to the curving gossamer of the dorsal.
- Originally carved in pale apricot carnelian, the octopus flushed a deeper red moments after the final polish.
Carnelian Sea Urchin
- Covered in needle-sharp spikes, this remarkable sea urchin was fashioned as a single piece.